Introductions!

 Hello!

    My name is Sarah Williams I am 23 years old and I'm a theater performance major with a film minor.  I was born and raised in Wasilla, Alaska and moved around for a year to Kansas City, Missouri as well as Salem, Oregon until I moved back home to Alaska last year! The photo below is from a UAF production called This Girl Laughs, This Girl Cries, This Girl does nothing. I am the one holding a teacup! 







    I have performed theater since I was 13 years old and have stared in three UAF main stage productions and three student productions as well as doing behind the scenes tech work like stage managing. 

    Other then theater I have also acted in three student films and even wrote, directed and produced my own film called "Purse". If you are interested you may watch it on YouTube linked here 

     I am vastly interested in art history and paintings. When I discovered the artist who is now my favorite painter Rene Magritte, I felt understood in my personal artistic visions.  Many of my script ideas and most of the art I enjoy to watch would be very symbolic and sometimes hard to understand but what I loved most was with the "weirdness" gave imagination to interpret whatever I wanted or even sometimes just gave me a unique experience I haven't seen before. I found a new outlet to experience the feelings I gained through film and theater through the Surrealist art movement! One of my favorite pieces of art from Rene Magritte is called "Golconda" pictured below. One of the reason I love this piece is you must interpret in which way the men are falling! One may think at first view that they are falling down but there isn't any evidence for them falling any direction found in the painting!


What do you think? Do you think they are falling down, levitating up or simply floating? Perhaps you have your own interpretation! 




Comments

  1. I love Rene Margritte! Have you seen the pipe painting? I think it's called "The Treachery of Images"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your film was funny. The teeth on that actor were pretty convincing. Where did you get such tiny accessories?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love theater! I have been involved in theater for as long as I can remember. Sadly, I go to UAS and we don't have any theater programs or classes that are offered here. I also appreciate your interest in film- I am the president of our film club here in Juneau. I hope that you have a good semester and good luck with your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched "Purse" and I really enjoyed it! The humor reminded me a lot of early 2010's Youtube comedy skits I would watch when I was younger and I actually laughed out loud at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always thought that theater is fascinating! "Golconda" is enchanting to me. The artwork shows men can falling, not floating.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Societal Emotions and The Great Depression: Early Modern Blog

Celebrities' Influence in Mid and Post Modern Times